Home FOREIGN Saudi Arabia Washes Hands Off The Disappearance Of Journalist Khashoggi

Saudi Arabia Washes Hands Off The Disappearance Of Journalist Khashoggi

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has made it clear that it has no hand in the disappearance of its citizen and Journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

Reacting to media reports linking the Kingdom to sudden disappearance of the journalist, the Interior Minister, Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif bin Abdulaziz said that the allegations trending in media are not true.

The minister regretted the allegations which said sought to disrupt the intense investigation going on to unravel the mystery surrounding the missing of the journalist.

Speaking in connection with the news regarding the order to kill Khashoggi, he described the rush by the media to accuse the Kingdom  as against the royal government’s commitment to the principles, rules, and traditions, as well as international law and conventions.

The minister lauded the collaboration with Turkey through the Joint Investigation Commission and other official channels, adding that there is need for the media to play it’s important role of transferring facts and not affecting investigation and judicial proceedings.

See also:  Buhari Angry With International Collaborators For Promoting Corruption In Africa

He reiterated the Kingdom`s determination to safeguard the interests of its citizens at home and abroad, particularly to provide clarification on the complete truth on the disappearance of citizen Khashoggi.

Al Jazeera had reported that Saudi journalist Khashoggi had entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, on Oct 2 to obtain documents, stating that he had divorced his ex-wife. Since then, Khashoggi was never seen.

Turkish sources informed the media that they believed the Saudi writer and critic died in the consulate in what they described as “planned murder.”

Saudi officials have denied the allegations and insisted that Khashoggi had left the building before being declared missing.