Home HEALTH Only Muslims Who Pass Medical Test Will Be Allowed To Perform Hajj...

Only Muslims Who Pass Medical Test Will Be Allowed To Perform Hajj – Officials

 Hajj CommissionOfficials in charge of hajj operations in Nigeria have given an indication that it is only Muslims who passed medical test that would be allowed to perform this year’s hajj in Saudi Arabia.

The information is coming from the Kano State end of the operators, via the state Pilgrims Welfare Board.

The Public Relations Officer of the board, Alhaji Nuhu Badamasi, who gave this indication in Kano, stressed that the directive emanated from the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), an umbrella body of the hajj operations across the country.

Badamasi said that the medical test is necessary because no intending pilgrim would be allowed to travel to the Holy land without knowing his or her health status, adding that the mandatory medical test is in compliance with the directive of NAHCON.

According to him, all state pilgrims welfare boards must ensure that intending pilgrims undergo medical test to enable the board to know their health status.

“The form is designed by NAHCON and pilgrims must attend the screening at the designated government hospitals. Each pilgrim is expected to go to the designated hospital with his or her Hajj payment receipt for easy identification.

“The forms have already been distributed to the hospitals with the names and pictures of the intending pilgrims.

“What is required from them is to go to the designated hospitals where their forms are sent and attend the screening.”

Badamasi said that the exercise is expected to end within the next two weeks.

No fewer than 5,600 intending pilgrims from the state are expected to perform the 2016 Hajj to Saudi Arabia.

See also:  Nigeria’s Pharmaceutical Company Plans To Lower Prices Of Some Drugs By 60 Percent

Meanwhile, the Ogun Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board has called on intending pilgrims to augment their 2016 interim Hajj fare from the initial sum of N800,000 to N1.180 million.

The Executive Secretary of the board, Alhaji Sefiu Rasheed, made the call on Saturday while briefing newsmen in Abeokuta.

Rasheed said this was to enable the board to remit the required funds to the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), Abuja, before the deadline.

According to him, the board has resolved to fix the fare at N1.180 million tentatively, pending the Federal Government’s final decision on the concessionary exchange rate.

He said the board took the decision as the Federal Government was yet to take a definite decision on a concessionary exchange rate because “the Hajj fare is being projected on a current Central Bank Dollar Exchange rate.’’

“Let me assure you, however, that the board will refund excess deposits to offset Basic Travelling Allowance whenever the Federal Government grants concessionary exchange rate.

“The board has fixed June 17 as deadline for payment by all intending pilgrims.”

The executive secretary said that a Hajj seminar for the intending pilgrims had been scheduled to hold simultaneously in Abeokuta, Ijebu-Ode and Ilaro central mosques on May 24.

According to him, the event is compulsory for all pilgrims as this is essential for a successful Hajj.

He urged all eligible intending pilgrims to attend the seminar at the designated central mosques in their respective senatorial districts. [myad]