President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the increase of duty tour allowances (DTAs) for ministers, permanent secretaries and civil servants on grade level one to 17.
Duty tour allowance refers to the amount paid by the government when a public servant embarks on an official trip.
The approval of the new allowances was conveyed in a circular dated August 31, and issued by Ekpo Nta, chairperson of the National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission.
Nta said the new allowances take effect from September 1.
The upward review of duty tour allowances are applicable to Permanent Secretary/Equivalent from N20,0000 to N70,000, and to minister/SGF/HCSF/Equivalent from N35,000 to N80,000,” the circular reads.
“All enquiries relating to this circular should be directed to the commission.”
A breakdown of the new DTA as contained in the circular is presented below:
Grade level (GL) 01-04 and its equivalent – N10,000 per diem
• GL 05-06 and its equivalent – N15,000 per diem
• GL 07-10 and its equivalent – N17,500 per diem
• GL 12-13 and its equivalent – N20,000 per diem
• GL 14-15 and its equivalent – N25,000 per diem
• GL 16-17 and its equivalent – N37,500 per diem
• Permanent secretary/equivalent – N70,000 per diem
• Minister/SGF/HCSF/equivalent – N80,000 per diem