Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has said that the administration will not relent in the fight to contain the second wave of coronavirus.
Speaking today, January 29 at a stakeholders meeting at the Conference Hall of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, the minister admitted that so far, FCT has attained the status of an epicenter, but that the administration has been successful in its response to the virus.
He solicited the support and cooperation of the stakeholders, including traditional rulers and religious leaders among others to adequately battle the virus to a standstill.
“My appeal to you is that please, let us work hard, particularly at the community level and that is why I am so happy to see that out of the six Area Council Chairmen, five are present today.”
The minister appealed to the PTF for funding to help in the enforcement of the guidelines.
The Minister said that the Task Force on coronavirus guidelines enforcement will be re-invigorated to ensure that enforcement cascades down to the community and grassroots level even as he reminded the security agencies that enforcement of coronavirus guidelines is now a presidential directive that must be implemented.
This was even as Minister of State in the FCT, Dr. Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu expressed the appreciation of the FCTA to the Presidential Task Force on coronavirus for its commitment and dedication in directing the nation’s response to the pandemic.
She advised the residents to work together to effectively combat the virus.
“If there is anything we have learned in the fight against COVID-19 thus far, it is the realization that working together, we can conquer any challenge that threatens our collective wellbeing”
She said that the FCT, through committed efforts, has succeeded in containing the magnitude of the pandemic and saved a large number of lives.