The Presidential candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the just concluded election in Nigeria, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has sworn that he did not spend $30,000 to hire an American lobby group to persuade the United States Congress to stop the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The defeated Presidential candidate, in a statement today, Wednesday by his media aide, Paul Ibe, described the allegation instigated by the Buhari campaign organization as a total fabrication.
He insisted that his court case has become their biggest burden because it exposes their integrity as a sham, and instead of defending their stolen mandate in court, they are now using fake news to divert public attention from the historic electoral heist they have committed against Nigerians.
Atiku stressed that no amount of diversionary propaganda and fake news campaign by the All Progressives Congress (APC) would stop him from continuing the court action he started to reclaim the stolen mandate.
He said that the latest dirty propaganda didn’t come as a surprise because lying has so far become their only bragging rights of competence.
“Lying has become a culture to the APC administration and therefore, we are not surprised by their latest diversionary allegations.
“Since Atiku resisted pressure not to go to court, the APC has been behaving like a cat on hot bricks because the outcome of the 2019 elections has exposed and shattered the facade of their dubious integrity.
“The APC are behaving nervously like a thief living under the fear of being exposed and shamed. They are now using fake news against Atiku instead of focusing on defending themselves in the court.
“For a party that has broken the worst record in election rigging, the APC doesn’t have any iota of integrity to be taken seriously by anybody.”
Meanwhile, Atiku has also disassociated himself from 2019 election posters being circulated in Abuja.
He said that the campaign season is over and the tainted electoral victory by the incumbent is being challenged in court.
“Our attention has been drawn to posters of His Excellency Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 election being circulated in Abuja.
“We disassociate the former Vice President of Nigeria from the said posters in circulation.
“We refuse to be distracted, which is exactly the objective of our opponents, but to remain focused on diligently pursuing our election petition with a view to retrieving the stolen mandate.